Value assessment workshop
The value assessment workshop is an internal workshop that you run with your Workplace project team to define the business drivers and value that Workplace will bring to your organisation. You can use this value assessment workshop survey and template to conduct the workshop with your team.
What you'll get out of the workshop
- A collection of business drivers to guide your business case for launching Workplace and getting executive *buy-in* to invest in Workplace
- Desired outcomes and impact of each business driver to measure the value of Workplace to your organisation over time. We recommend that you review these business drivers and outcomes every quarter to maximise Workplace value.
- Workflows that you can use Workplace for to achieve your desired outcomes. These workflows should be a part of your launch plan as you build your group structure and communication plan for launching Workplace.
- With your Workplace project team, allocate at least an hour for the full team to meet and identify your Workplace business drivers.
- Conduct the value assessment workshop. The value assessment workshop is designed to be simple, so we have provided a template which is pre-loaded with examples of outcomes, suggested workflows and impact measures to get you started. You have six examples of outcomes loaded with the corresponding workflows and recommended success measures, to help guide the workshop discussions and spark business driver ideas for you and your team.
- An important step in this workshop is to capture and benchmark data of your current workflows that you plan to improve by using Workplace. This benchmark data for your workflows pre-Workplace should be revisited each quarter to assess the impact that Workplace has had on your business. This is the part that most people miss but it's the most important when validating how Workplace is bringing value to your organisation!
- Get sign-off from your executive team on the business drivers that you have identified in the workshop. A great way to get executive sign-off is to include the executives in your value assessment workshop so that their ideas are taken into account during and not after the workshop. These business drivers are not only the core of your business case to launch Workplace but they will also guide what you measure when you assess the value that Workplace has brought to your organisation.
- Use these business drivers throughout your launch of Workplace to guide your group structure and communication plan. They're also a great tool to hold people accountable to over time.
- Revisit your business drivers and asses their impact three months after your launch of Workplace. You may find that some business drivers are no longer applicable or new ones need to be added. Update and iterate on your business drivers each time to assess their impact.
- Continue to iterate on your business drivers and measure their impact each quarter. Make sure that you share the impact metrics with your executive team to highlight the value that Workplace is bringing to your organisation.
We encourage you to work with our network of partners who are very experienced in carrying out value assessment workshops, conducting post-implementation value assessments and offering launch advice specific to what you want to achieve for your organisation.