1. Executive engagement
Executive engagement is the most critical factor in fully embedding Workplace in your organisation. If leaders are not setting the tone and engaging in conversations, employees are less likely to fully embrace Workplace. The benefits of Workplace for leadership include increasing transparency and visibility as to what is happening within the organisation, leading to faster decision making.
Leaders are often wondering "Do we have what it takes to innovate and stay ahead or still be relevant in the next ten years?" Workplace helps with two key areas:
- Adapting to the modern Workplace
- Empowering organisations to work better together
Align your executives on why introducing Workplace supports the goals of your organisation. Based on the goals, encourage them to model the behaviours that you want to see on Workplace. For example, if leaders want to hear feedback from their frontline and customer-facing employees, they should engage with those employees directly on Workplace with polls and live Q&As.
Prepare a succinct business case for why you need Workplace now using this template for business case.
Help executives become familiar and comfortable with the platform by coaching them and providing support resources. Guiding them through how to use Workplace and its key features is important. You want your executives to feel confident with the platform and ready to engage as soon as you launch, so they can lead from the front. Some executives are more social than others, so your coaching plan should be tailored to them but look to cover the below points:
- Go through key Workplace features for executives, such as going live and posting
- Have them download Workplace and Workplace Chat. They should then create their own "executive team" group and encourage them to start posting in the group.
- Outline their role as leaders before launch, during launch week and beyond. Work with them to film a welcome-to-Workplace video; they should feel comfortable going live with employees and they should encourage ideas from your community.
- Prepare a succinct business case for why you need Workplace now
- Help executives become familiar and comfortable with the platform by coaching them and providing support resources
- Give them simple steps to take and emphasise their impact on a successful launch