Staying organised in Workplace
Work can get hectic, and sometimes there just aren't enough hours in the day to get to everything. Keep track of all of the important stuff and make sure that nothing falls through the cracks with these tips and tricks on staying organised in Workplace.
How to do it in Workplace
Save important posts and messages to your Saved folder to create a library of content that you know you'll need to return to later. Then, organise saved items in collections to group related content together.
Set reminders2. Set reminders
When you're in and out of meetings or travelling on the road, it's hard to read or respond to Workplace Chat messages as soon as you see them. Reminders let you schedule notifications so you can come back to them at a convenient time.
Pin important resources3. Pin important resources
Pin posts with important resources to the top of your group so that group members can easily refer back to them. Pinned posts are a great way to centralise key team and project information so it's all in one place.
Topics4. Organise discussions with topics
Topics help you browse posts more efficiently, quickly discover useful content and easily organise your group's discussions. Select up to five topics to describe your posts. Then, use the group's topics in the right-hand column of the group page to find the content you're looking for.
Note: Group admins have to turn on topics from their group settings for group members to be able to use this feature.
Create a solo group5. Create a solo group
Create a secret solo group to store your files and personal meeting notes. Solo groups are also a great place to store your daily and weekly to-do lists. You can even use them to test formatting on your most important posts.
Find files fast6. Find files fast
The Workplace Chat Shared tab makes it easy to rediscover files, photos and videos shared in your chat conversation, and the group Files tab lets you quickly find all files ever shared in a group post.
Manage your notifications7. Manage your notifications
As you join more groups, you'll notice that you receive more notifications. But some groups matter more than others and your notifications should reflect that.
Workplace notifications are flexible and easy to modify. Here are a few ways that you can manage them:
- Prioritise your most important groups, such as your team and project groups, so notifications from them always appear at the top of your inbox.
- Go to your Groups page to modify your notification preferences from individual groups or in bulk.
- Modify how you receive notifications and what you are notified about from your notification settings.
To learn more ways that you can manage your Workplace notifications, read our guide.
- Learn more by saving interesting posts and chat messages that you don't have time to read in the moment but want to reference later.
- Ensure that you don't miss important posts and messages with Saved.
- Set reminders for time-sensitive messages and posts.
- Centralise all of your files and content and easily reference them in your solo group or your saved posts.
- Never lose important files with the Workplace Chat Shared tab and the Files tab in your Workplace group.
More helpful resources
- Managing notifications – turn down the noise and ensure that you're up to date on the things that matter.
- Work Faster with Workplace Chat – learn how to use Workplace to stay connected to your work and your team.
- Videos – learning videos you can download and share with your Workplace community
- Training and webinars – learn directly from Workplace experts
- Help Centre – step-by-step instructions and answers to frequently asked questions