Staying organised in Workplace
Tips & tricks to help you track and manage your workload.
Work can get hectic, and it can be hard to keep track of tasks, chats and posts that need your attention. We're here to help. This guide offers some quick tips and less known features that can help you stay organised and on top of your workload.1. Track tasks with Action Items
1. Track tasks with Action Items
Use Action Items posts to keep track of jobs to be done. You can @mention team members in specific tasks and they'll be able to check them off as they're completed.2. Set reminders
2. Set reminders
Set reminders for time-sensitive chat messages and posts to make sure they don't fall through the cracks. You'll receive a notification at the time you set the reminder for.
To set a reminder for a chat message:
- From Chats, go to the chat message you'd like to set a reminder for.
- Hover over your chat message, then click on the three dots to see more
- Select Remind me and choose the time you want to be reminded about the chat.
*Only you will be reminded of this chat message. No one else in your chat conversation will receive a reminder.
To set a reminder for a post:
- Go to the post and click on the ... in the top right corner.
- Select Remind me about this post and choose a time to receive your reminder.
3. Pin posts to the top of your group
Pin posts with important resources to the top of your group, so group members can easily refer back to them. Pinned posts are a great way to centralise key team and project goals, working agreements, files and more.
To pin a post in a group:
- From the group, find the post you'd like to pin.
- Click ... and select Pin Post.
4. Pin chat conversations & messages
Pin important chat conversations, like your team chat, to the top of your inbox. To pin a chat conversation:
- From Chats, hover over the chat thread you'd like to pin and click ...
- Select Pin Chat.
- This chat will now sit near the top of your list, depending on how many other chats you have pinned and in what order.
You can also pin specific messages in your chat conversations, so they're always easy to find again later. To pin a message:
- Hover over the message you'd like to pin.
- Click on the three dot More menu.
- Select Pin.
- This message will appear as a bar across the top of your window. To go to the message, click on the bar.
5. Find files faster
Every Workplace group and Workplace Chat conversation has a Files tab, where you can find all of the files ever shared in one place.6. Create a group just for you
6. Create a group just for you
Create a secret solo group to store your files, personal meeting notes and to-do lists. You can even use them to test formatting on your most important posts.
Learn more about all of the ways you can use Workplace groups in Group Mastery 101.
Was this article helpful?
Thanks for your feedback