Meeting in Workplace Rooms
In a world where more and more employees are working remotely, creating channels for employees to connect and interact face-to-face is increasingly important.
Whether you're hosting a virtual happy hour, holding team meetings or just jumping on quick one-to-one calls with your colleagues, Workplace Rooms give you the flexibility, control and reliability you need.
Note: Workplace Rooms is coming soon.
How to do it in Workplace
1. Create a room
You can create a room from Chat, Groups your News Feed or Workplace on Portal.
Workplace Rooms supports video calls with up to 50 participants, and getting them there is easy. Share the link with anyone you'd like to connect with; they don't need to have the Workplace app installed or even a Workplace account.
Share your screen
2. Share your screen
Share your work with colleagues in real-time with screensharing. Any participant can share their screen – whether it's an application window, a browser tab or their whole screen – by clicking on the icon in the bottom left.
To view a shared screen, switch to primary speaker view in the top right. You'll see all participants in the room on the right-hand side of your screen. Click on the person sharing their screen to pin their video.Lock a room
3. Lock a room
Workplace Rooms can support calls with up to 50 participants. To limit the number of people in your room and to ensure that only the right people join, call creators can lock the room by clicking on the second icon from the left at the bottom of your screen. Click on the lock icon to lock the room.
Remove participants from a room
4. Remove participants from a room
If needed, call creators can also remove participants at any point in the call by navigating to the See call participants icon and clicking Remove next to the participant's name.
When to use Rooms vs Workplace Chat video calls
5. When to use Rooms vs Workplace Chat video calls
Workplace Rooms is best for group calls. You can easily share your screen, hold calls with up to 50 people and can easily manage who can and cannot join a room. Workplace chat video calls are best for quick syncs with colleagues on a one-to-one basis. You can call a colleague using Workplace Chat video calls by selecting the video icon in the top right of your chat with them.Benefits
- Hold meetings or virtual happy hours, coffee chats and team lunches over video in Rooms.
- Meet with anyone, in or out of your organisation. They don't even need a Workplace account.
- Share your screen to showcase your work and present to your team.
- Limit call participants by locking rooms or removing people who don't need to be there.
- Create a room directly from a group to reach the right people.
More helpful resources
- Hosting meetings in Workplace: Learn how to plan for, host, document and broadcast your meetings in Workplace.
- Boost your comms with Workplace video features: Learn how to use Workplace features to boost your internal comms strategy and improve communication across your organisation.
- Work faster with Workplace Chat: Whether you're remote, frontline or working from another office, Workplace Chat can help you work smarter and stay connected to your team.