Optimising your News Feed
Your News Feed aggregates all the important posts from your groups and people you follow to serve up the highlights from across your Workplace in one central location.
When you're a member of many groups, it can sometimes be hard to sift through the social, announcement and project posts in your News Feed to find the things that matter to you. Workplace helps you stay on top of important information with a variety of tools to help you understand, manage, and optimise your News Feed.
How to do it in Workplace
1. Understand your News Feed
Find out why you're seeing certain posts in your News Feed by clicking on the … in the top right-hand corner and selecting Why am I seeing this post? You'll find brief explanations of the signals used to determine the location of that post in your News Feed.
Check your groups
2. Check your groups
Your News Feed is largely made up of posts from your groups, so modifying your group preferences has a big impact on what you see in your News Feed. Go to the Groups page from under See More in your Home menu to see all the groups you're a member of.
You can manage your group preferences individually by clicking on the icons on each group tile to leave a group or to follow or unfollow a group. Or, click on the "Bulk Manage Groups" button to filter for, search and select multiple groups at once. Then, apply any of these changes to all of the groups that you've selected.
In the Suggested groups tab, you can also discover groups that might be of interest to you, based on your current activity and group membership. Join more groups to get more content in your News Feed.Follow people
3. Follow people
Follow people in your organisation to see more of their posts. It's a good idea to follow your executive team and any of the people you work with regularly.Prioritise groups
4. Prioritise groups
It can be hard to differentiate between posts and comments in your News Feed that are important to your daily work and ones that are nice to know. That's why Workplace allows you to mark up to six groups you're a member of as your priority groups.
When you mark a group as priority, it appears first in your News Feed, so you can stay on top of the things that matter most.
5. Adjust your preferences
Help Workplace learn what content is most useful to you by adjusting your preferences. Go to a specific post and click on the … at the top right-hand corner to see the different ways you can adjust your settings. If you hide a story from your News Feed, you'll be less likely to see similar stories there in the future.
- Learn more about News Feed directly from individual posts.
- Manage group settings in bulk from one central place.
- Follow people to stay on top of their posts and activity.
- Easily find prioritised content.
- Quickly change preferences from individual posts.
More helpful resources
- New user guide – everything you need to know to get started as a new Workplace user.
- Help Centre – for step-by-step troubleshooting help and answers to frequently asked questions.
- Work faster with Workplace Chat – learn how to use Workplace Chat to stay in touch and on top of your projects.
- Stay organised in Workplace - learn how to Workplace can help you boost productivity and manage your workload.
- Videos – learning videos you can download and share with your Workplace community.