The improved Workplace website and iOS app
We are redesigning the Workplace website and Workplace Chat iOS app to provide you with more modern and powerful experiences for work – both on desktop and mobile. With this update, we focus on improving performance, usability and your overall user experience.
Workplace on webWhy is the Workplace website being updated?
Why is the Workplace website being updated?
Workplace's new website was built to give us a new foundation to improve the performance and accessibility of Workplace, which we know from feedback are important customer priorities. It will benefit from Facebook's powerful infrastructure, designed to help billions of people around the world stay connected. With this update, we can continue to make performance and accessibility improvements in the future, while introducing exciting features to help colleagues connect and collaborate.
We are introducing several new functionalities and features, including, but not limited to,
- Dark mode: Dark mode helps minimise screen glare and is easier on the eyes, especially for use in low-light conditions. You can switch to dark mode by going to your profile picture in the left navigation → Settings → Display options → Dark mode.
- Full-width mode: A wider feed provides a better experience for people using a large monitor by minimising wasted white space.
- Better post creation experience: We modernised the post creation experience by collapsing the "Add to your post" section to improve focus, and added easier text formatting options.
- Improved accessibility: In addition to dark mode, we've introduced improved focus management, easier keyboard navigation and support for screen readers. To learn more about accessibility support on Workplace, visit our Help Centre.
- Faster: Using cutting-edge infrastructure components developed at Facebook, the Workplace website is now significantly faster, making it easier for you to find the things you need to get work done.
We have completely rebuilt the website from the ground up on an entirely new code base, so some features have changed and some may be missing temporarily as it is being rebuilt. As part of an effort to improve performance and support your productivity, we have also decided to permanently remove some low-usage features.
To help you find your way around the new website, we have outlined these changes and timelines of when features will be available in the Help Centre.
Workplace Chat iOS appWhy is the Workplace Chat app being redesigned
Why is the Workplace Chat app being redesigned?
We have redesigned and simplified the new app so that it’s faster and easier to use, while also taking only a fraction of the space on your phone compared to the current Workplace Chat iOS app.
We have completely rebuilt the app from the ground up on an entirely new code base, so some low-usage features may be missing temporarily as they are being rebuilt. As part of an effort to improve performance and support your productivity, we have also decided to permanently remove some low-usage features.
To help you find your way around the new Chat iOS app, we have outlined these changes and timelines of when features will be available in the Help Centre.