System admin guide: Monitoring engagement and security
Learn how to use Insights to analyse and drive adoption and engagement on Workplace.
Take a deep dive into actionable data with the Insights section of the Admin Panel. Insights provides a rich way of tracking, measuring and understanding the impact of Workplace usage on your organisation. We recommend following these metrics to analyse and drive adoption and engagement on Workplace.
Insights contains five tabs:
- People: Track how active your population is on Workplace during and after your launch.
- Groups: Stay on top of group creation and activity across Workplace and in your most active groups.
- Activity: Keep an eye on how much content your organisation is producing and how many people are actively contributing.
- Posts: Measure the impact of your communications with advanced post-level performance data.
- Connections: See which teams and departments are collaborating and sharing across the organisation.
Discover top tips for driving adoption and engagement in our guide to boosting your Workplace metrics.People
Use the People tab to analyse adoption and activity in your organisation. At the very top of the page, you'll find high-level metrics such as:
- Invited: The number of profiles that have been pre-created with emails invitations sent to join your organisation on Workplace.
- Activated: The number of people who have accepted the invitation to join Workplace and have activated their profiles. You're going to want this number to be 80% or higher.
- Monthly active: The number of people who were active on Workplace in the last 28 days.
- Engaged: The number of people who were active on Workplace on at least 10 of the last 28 days. Data shows that 85% of retained people are still active after six months, so this metric is key to assessing the health of your Workplace after launch.
Take a deeper dive by looking at adoption and activity over time with custom date ranges, or analysing across segments of your organisation such as department, location, manager and more.
You can also look at profile completion metrics such as profile pictures and manager adds. Profile completion is a good indicator of engagement. It helps create closer connections and a more personal experience on Workplace.
Finally, analyse activity on apps and platforms to see how people in your organisation are using Workplace and Workplace Chat.Activity
Analyse engagement by looking at content such as posts, comments, reactions and messages. Look at content over time with custom date ranges, or filter to analyse activity based on profile fields such as location, department and role.
Scroll down to find the most active people in your Workplace, and how many posts and comments they have made. Use this section to recognise top contributors for their high engagement levels.Groups
Identify your most active groups and see a breakdown of groups at your organisation by privacy setting (open, closed, secret) and type (teams and projects, discussion, social and more etc). You can also analyse group activity over a custom time frame.Posts
Gain insights on specific posts by inputting their URL in the Posts tab. You'll be able to get an aggregated number of people who have seen the post, comments and reactions. Use this section to get actionable data around your important announcements. Take a deep dive into what posts performed especially well in order to better tailor your content to meet your community’s needs.Connections
Identify which teams or departments are collaborating and sharing ideas with others across the organisation, and identify any silos and areas that may need more exposure.
A connection happens when two people interact with each other through a:
- Post on a timeline
- Comment on a post
- Post view
- Reaction to a post
- Private message
Workplace makes it easy to get a full picture of the overall security health of your organisation. Monitor accounts at risk, malware uploads blocked, profile data download requests and login issues, all from the Security page of the Admin Panel.
Was this article helpful?
Thanks for your feedback