Create a default group on Workplace
This article is only applicable to admins with relevant permissions. You need to log into Workplace from your computer to create default groups.
People who are added to your Workplace are added to default groups when their accounts are created. You can also add people already in your Workplace to default groups.
Default groups need to be open groups.
To make a group a default group:
- Click Admin Panel in the left menu on Workplace.
- Click Groups.
- Use the filters to find the group you want to make a default group.
- If you need to create a new group, click Create group in the top right.
- Click to the right of the group, then select Add to default groups.
- Select whether you want to add people already in your Workplace to this default group (as well as people added to your Workplace from this point), then click OK.
Note: Default groups cannot have a linked chat. This is because groups with a linked chat have a member limit of 250.