Link a folder from a cloud storage service with your Workplace group
You must be an admin of a group to link a folder from a cloud storage service with it.
You can link folders from cloud storage services to your Workplace group, provided that your Workplace admin has enabled them.
You can link multiple folders from a cloud storage service (e.g. two folders from Google Drive). You can also link folders from different cloud storage services (e.g. one folder from Dropbox and one folder from Microsoft OneDrive).
To link a folder from a cloud storage service with your Workplace group:
- In your group, click the Files and media tab. You may need to click More to see this.
- Click Link folder.
- If you have already linked at least one folder, click Add then Link folder.
- Choose which cloud storage service you want to link a folder from.
- You'll only see the cloud storage services that have been enabled by a Workplace admin.
- Select the folder that you want to link.
- Click Link folder.
What happens when you link a folder?
- The folder and all of the files contained within it will now be in the Files and media tab.
- Linking a folder does not automatically grant access to it for all group members. To grant access to people, you'll need to do this directly in the cloud storage service folder.
- When people share a link to a file or folder from a cloud storage service, Workplace will attempt to render a preview of the file or document. For content that isn't visible to everyone in your organisation, people will be asked to connect their Workplace account to the cloud storage service so that Workplace can determine if they have permission to view the content.
- You will be able to view the most recently updated files in the folder from the panel to the right of your group's home page.
To unlink a folder from a cloud storage service with your Workplace group:
- Click the Files and media tab in your group. You may need to click More to see this.
- Click next to your linked folder.
- Click Unlink folder.
- Click Confirm.
Unliking a folder doesn't remove the access that group members have to the folder. If you want to remove group member access to the folder, you'll need to do this directly in the cloud storage service folder.