Download the new Harvard Business Review and Workplace report: The digitisation of collaboration

As work evolves, so do the tools we use to get it done. We asked Harvard Business Review Analytics Services to find out what kind of impact this was having on business leaders and their organisations.

BUSINESS COMMUNICATION | 10-MINUTE READ
harvard business review download - Workplace from Meta

HBRAS surveyed 718 of its readers to discover what they thought about the rise of "social collaboration tools". The results were near-unanimous. 95% of people working in large organisations use social tools today, while the remaining 5% are exploring them for future use.

Screenshot of the Harvard Business Review Workplace Report

"These social applications allow people to work not just faster and cheaper, but also in ways that they simply couldn't have before," says Heidi Gardner, who is a distinguished fellow at Harvard Law School's Center on the Legal Profession. She's also the author of a book on the topic, Smart Collaboration: How Professionals and Their Firms Succeed by Breaking Down Silos.

"The technologies allow cross-organisation collaboration with experts within a firm," says Heidi, "as well as across organisations, that can securely and creatively solve problems in real time."

Workplace, of course, is at the cutting-edge of collaboration technology, and organisations are using it to drive transformational impact across all departments, functions and geographies.

Take a look at our infographic to learn more about how business leaders are responding to the opportunities created by these new tools.

Keep reading

Keep reading

Was this article helpful?
Thanks for your feedback

Recent posts

Business communication | 10-minute read

How to build effective team collaboration in the workplace

Discover essential tips to improve your team collaboration in the workplace, including the benefits of collaboration and how to improve teamwork.

Business communication | 10-minute read

How to solve your business communication problems

Business communication explained! Discover what business communication is and how you can improve it. Have a look at these easy to follow tips.

Remote work | 7-minute read

Working remotely: Benefits and challenges

More of us are working remotely. Many more will in the future, too. Discover the pros and cons of remote working and how to make the most of it.